Virtual Course: Management, breeding and reproduction of Cracids of the world
Special price TODAY:
Accede a todos los cursos
Course organized by Procracidos in collaboration with Cracidos del Peru, the International Wildlife Managenet Institute (IWMI), the Mexican Alliance for the Conservation of Wildlife AMECVIS and Bioliceo .
In this course, you will learn from characteristics, peculiarities of the Cracidae family , evolution, systematics, facility design, feeding, preventive and curative medicine, details of its management, pair formation, reproductive displays , nesting, posture, incubation, natural, with nurse or artificial, physical containment, sexing , preparation for the reproductive season and advice and tips to achieve good results and reproductive success.
We will have experienced mentors in management and reproduction of cracids from Europe, Mexico, Peru. In addition, experiences with different endangered species such as Penelope albipennis , Oreophasis derbianius , Crax alberti and many other species of the most relevant cracids . The main thing is that everything taught, shared and learned here can be implemented in your breeding center immediately and improve your chick production.
- Participants will obtain a certificate for 12 teaching hours, proof of their specialized training in that particular family of birds.
- They will also have contact with breeders from various parts of the planet.
- And the possibility of having contacts and exchanging experiences
- Cracidae family: Current taxonomic status, threats and conservation status. By Diego Evangelista.
- Penelope albipennis: from its rediscovery to its reintroduction. By Víctor Raúl Díaz Montes.
- Collection and reproduction (incubation, manual rearing, nutrition) in different types of cracids. By Kim Willems.
- Importance of taxonomic studies in cracids : The case of the genus Penelope. By Diego Evangelista.
- Oreophasis derbianus: the unicorn of the cloud forest, an account of its natural history. By Fernando Gonzalez García.
- Sexing techniques of monomorphic cracids. Case of study: Penelope albipennis. By Victor Diaz Montes.
- Experiences and successful breeding of Crax Alberti in Europe. By Kim Willems.
- Experiences in the conservation of the Cozumel Hoofaisan (Crax rubra griscomi) in the Mexican Caribbean. By David Garcia Solórzano.
- Experiences, management methods, reproduction and reintroduction of cracids with endangered species. By Víctor Raúl Díaz Montes.